Sunday, February 5, 2023

Wine Tasting - Pinot Grigio




Name: Cupcake Vineyards Pinot Grigio

Variety: 100% Pinot Grigio

Region: Livermore, California

Country: USA

Year: 2021

Price: $10

Winery Review: Our Pinot Grigio is crafted from grapes sourced from the foothills of the Italian Alps, making for a uniquely flavorful wine. The grapes are grown in the cool climate of the Veneto region in Northeast Italy, where the Alps help protect the region from the cold winds that come from the North, while the Mediterranean heat provides the perfect climate for ripening. After harvesting, the grapes are quickly transported and softly pressed to ensure maximum freshness. This refreshing Pinot Grigio showcases delectable flavors of fresh pear, cantaloupe, apple, and pineapple that lead to a crisp finish with subtle notes of honey and lemon zest.

Wine Folly: From page 149 for Pinot Grigio - I can taste the lemon, and I get the light body. I also get notes of cantaloupe. It is not as sweet as the book states; I would say that it's tart. Lastly, I do get the high acidity. 

My Review: Overall it is a light, and quite refreshing wine, but it was too tart/acidic in taste for my liking. I tried this wine alone and with chicken alfredo, and I enjoyed it much more with food than alone. The pasta helped express the wines flavors at a much stronger level which was great to experience! If there was some sweetness to balance out the acidity in the wine, then I would definitely buy this again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - White Zinfandel

  Name: Winking Owl White Zinfandel Variety: White Zinfandel Region: California Country: USA Year: NV Price: $3 Winery Review: A light-bodi...