Monday, February 13, 2023

Wine Tasting - Riesling




 Name: Relax Riesling 

Variety: Riesling

Region: Mosel

Country: Germany

Year: 2020

Price: $10.99

Winery Review: From the vineyards of the Mosel wine region, these Riesling grapes ripen in slate and mineral soil and are harvested based on their optimal taste and ripeness. Cold fermented in stainless steel tanks, this wine brings a natural acidity, providing a perfect balance that is refreshingly crisp and leaves your mouth watering for more. RELAX Riesling is fermented slightly dry with a wonderful fruity bouquet and intense flavors of apples and peaches with just a hint of citrus.

Wine Folly: From page 158, Riesling - I do get the notes of green apple and lime. I also get a hint of petroleum in both taste and aroma. I did not get the notes of jasmine or beeswax. Unlike what it says in the page, I would say that this wine is more medium sweet than very sweet. I also note the wines light body. In page 236 it states that there can also be notes of apricot which I also got.

My Review: This was my first time having Riesling wine, and it was great! I am more into sweet wines, but this one was more medium sweet and it was delicious. I think this was a great wine to jump to when I am more used to the sweeter stuff. It states that Riesling is quite acidic, but this one was not. I would 100% buy this again!



  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - White Zinfandel

  Name: Winking Owl White Zinfandel Variety: White Zinfandel Region: California Country: USA Year: NV Price: $3 Winery Review: A light-bodi...