Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Wine Tasting - Brut Rose




Name: Taralyn Brut Rose Sparkling Wine

Variety: Pinot Noir

Region: Modesto, California

Country: USA

Year: NV

Price: $13.99

Winery Review: Taralyn Brut Rose is sparkling wine from California with crisp notes of cranberry and raspberry. Named Taralyn, Gaelic for “Star on the Hill”, the bright effervescence and soft sparkling bubbles remind us of a brilliant starry night.

Wine Folly: From page 150 Pinot Noir - when drinking it, it definitely is a very light bodied drink. I also taste the raspberry notes and a little of cherry, but I do not get the clove, mushroom, or vanilla notes. It's also low on sweetness. Page 16 & 17 - since it is a brut sparkling wine it does taste dry, but it's not too dry.   

My Review: I thought this was a really good sparkling wine; overall it's a good level of dry and it's not too sweet. I think it would pair really great with food which I will try next time I drink it. The raspberry note was also really nice without it being too overpowering. I would definitely buy this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting - White Zinfandel

  Name: Winking Owl White Zinfandel Variety: White Zinfandel Region: California Country: USA Year: NV Price: $3 Winery Review: A light-bodi...